Isle of Muck Bunkhouse
By Mallaig · The Small Isles · Isle of Muck · Inverness-shire
The Isle of Muck is an island on the west coast of Scotland, with a lot to offer. It forms part of the Small Isles, with the neighbouring islands of Canna, Eigg and Rum. It is a wonderful place to get away and relax, and is ideal for families, wildlife enthusiasts, walkers, and anyone who enjoys the outdoors. With white sandy beaches on the doorstep, secluded bays, and an impressive range of wildlife including whales, porpoises, otters, seals, eagles, puffins and much more.
BUNKHOUSE (sleeps 8, 4 bedrooms, 2020: £22/pppn, or £90/night exclusive use, £500/week): The Bunkhouse is a self-catering hostel, which can also be hired as a holiday cottage. It is situated in the bay of Port Mor, with views of the bay and Ardnamurchan on the mainland. An ideal base from which to explore the island, whether you're travelling on your own, as a bigger group, or with your family. It is close to the piers, The Craft Shop & Tearoom and to the island's Community Hall.
Layout - Kitchen/diner/sitting room - A light and airy space with solid oak flooring throughout, benefitting from passive solar gain throughout the day. The perfect space to chat to other visitors about their travels, or spend time with family and friends. The kitchen is fully-equipped with breakfast bar, gas cooker, fridge freezer, microwave, washing machine, toaster and kettle
Bedroom 1: A double room with bedside table and underbed storage.
Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4: Comfortable bunkbeds with bedside table, and underbed storage. Bathrooms: There are two toilets and a cubicle power shower. Wi-fi (fast) is throughout the property. There are also a selection of cards, games, radio and books.
Location: The Bunkhouse is easily accessible being a few minutes walk from the piers tearoom and Community Hall. It is nestled on the shore of Port Mor bay on the south side of the island, with a picnic table and open views, and only 1/2 mile walk to Cairidh beach and bay, and 1 mile walk to the beaches at Gallanach. To reserve the Bunkhouse or for further information please contact Georgia Gillies tel: 07833195654 or email: [email protected] Visit our website www.isleofmuck.com
Getting Here: Ferries to and from Muck sail from Mallaig and Arisaig, 40 miles from Fort William. It takes about 2 hours on the ferry, and is all part of your holiday adventure. You may even see a whale or porpoises on the way! The details are as follows: • Caledonian MacBrayne (MV Loch Nevis) - www.calmac.co.uk tel: 01687 310240 option 2. Email: [email protected] NB. Summer timetable sails to/from Muck Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. Winter timetable sales to Muck Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat. • Arisaig Marine (MV Sheerwater) - www.arisaig.co.uk tel: 01687 450224. Email: [email protected] NB. Sailings are between April-September, leaving Arisaig at a10am. Please refer to their website for further details and timetables.
- £22 per person per night with your own sleeping bag (£5.00 additional charge for bed linen for the duration of the stay). Towels can also be hired for £5 per person.
- £90 per night to book the whole bunkhouse for your sole use.
- £500 weekly charge.
- All bills are included.
- Longer residential stays also available for monthly lets out of season (reasonable monthly rates), suitable for those who would like to work, study or simply
relax and be part of a small west coast Community.
Advanced booking recommended.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Payment by BACS, cash or cheque - we are unable to process credit/debit cards.
- All linen is provided. Please bring your personal towels (unless by prior arrangement). Hand towels for the kitchen and bathrooms are provided.
- Cottage is to be left clean and tidy upon departure
- Please bring all food for your own catering (there is no general store on Muck). Though local produce such as Isle of Muck shellfish, lamb, eggs and seasonal vegetables are often available.
- There is a Co-op in Mallaig, and Spar shop in Arisaig, and a general store on the Isle of Eigg. You can either purchase supplies before you arrive, or supplies can be sent over on the ferry using these stores). Details will be provided when you make a reservation.
- The Craft Shop & Tearoom is open April-September (please tel: 07908956822 to enquire about opening times), and sells homemade soups, sandwiches, toasties and cakes. A great place for morning coffee, lunches and afternoon teas. The Craft Shop also sells some crafts and stocks a few provisions.
- No smoking is permitted in the Bunkhouse.