Shopping | Minch Adventures
Minch Adventures is a personal charter-boat concierge service in Mallaig. Skipper Billy has over 25 years of experience on the sea and is the perfect guide for a family trip. Billy began life as a trawler-man but his thirst for the adventures the sea had to offer lured him into creating Minch Adventures. Today the business is the 6th most recommended thing to do in Mallaig on TripAdvisor. With its 5-star rating it’s not hard to see why!
Experience life aboard the new vessel Cyfish with a slow adventure around Knoydart the isle of Muck, Eigg, Rum, Canna and Skye. Have the opportunity to spot wildlife and even the possibility of fishing with Minch Adventures. For the literary-inclined the Gavin Maxwell Experience is a must-do; relaxing in the bay, beachcombing, home-baking and otter-watching are just a small selection of what’s on offer on this tour
Previous holidaymakers have called Billy's trip 'a life time memory to treasure' and the 'highlight' of their holiday
It's no surprise that Billy's experience and friendliness are often quoted as some of the highlights of the experience.
Bill's intimate knowledge of the area has given people a unique insight into the area and its history.
Follow our trips on Facebook and Instagram
Trips & Cruises
Island life, wildlife, flora & fauna, photography, landscape, Gavin Maxwell itinerary, whale watching, diving... choose your boat package experience.
Cyfish offers you the opportunity to experience this isolated area and many more, such as:
• Knoydart, an isolated peninsula, one of Britain’s most extraordinary and unspoilt wilderness areas. Observe untouched wildlife and experience the magic.
• Hike up mountains and explore the history of the World War II remains of the Mica Mine and many other adventurous walks, such as the Barrisdale Walk.
• Why not also enjoy a freshly homemade lunch of local produce at this striking peninsula and relax at the local dining spots with delicious cuisine available.
Not only does Cyfish offer you the opportunity to experience this isolated area but many more, such as:
• The Isle of Rum an area steeped in history where the earliest evidence of human settlements was discovered within Scotland.
• Experience Kinloch Castle, wild Highland ponies, deer ruts in autumn, golden eagles and other natural wildlife. An extraordinary day out here consists of the boat trip, allowing you to grasp the pleasures of a cruise followed by an overland journey to the west side of this island gem, soaking up everything it has to offer.
Half and whole day sea angling for new or experienced anglers. Charter our sea angling boat with experienced fishing skipper and fully equipped with rods and tackle. Family and child friendly.
Off piste, very specialized and individual remote bike locations accessible only by boat. Hire our experienced mountain biker to guide you through our landscape and local wild interactions.
Fun day out to Eigg and back - 23rdMarch 2017
A fresh start up business that offers us something nobody else does. Bill knows the area well and more importantly knows the people; an interesting memorable trip guaranteed!'
Day 1 Was a gentle starter Bill took us mountain biking over to Rum and showed us around the Island with hospitality and... entertainment from the locals with fantastic scenery and Golden Eagles Day 2 Over to Knoydart and loch Morar for more natural but quite technical trails and more amazing local Hospitality. We stopped and sessioned the more technical sections which was great for bringing on skills and general confidence. Thoroughly recommended. The boat adds another dimension you don’t get anywhere else as you are straight into inaccessible locations and stunning scenery. The b&b recommended in Mallaig was also top class. '
Mallaig Yachting Marina
Find us on Facebook and Instagram
Tel: +44 (0) 7437 670212
Send enquiry to Minch Adventures
The Road to the Isles Marketing Group publishes information on its member Accommodation Providers in good faith but does not operate its own quality assurance scheme. Some of the members, who also subscribe to VisitScotland, are covered by the VisitScotland Quality Assurance scheme but other members are not.
The Group cannot accept any responsibility for standards of quality or safety which are the sole responsibility of the accommodation provider in question.